I’m so excited that Imperfect Adventures has been nominated for the Liebster award! I was nominated by Chelsea from And Then Life. You guys HAVE to go check her out! I met Chelsea two days into my blogging journey. She is an authentic, passionate, kind and focused Mama. You’ll want to follow her because that girl is going places!
In the blogging world, the Liebster Award is online recognition given by bloggers to other new bloggers for enjoying or valuing their work. It is meant to highlight and credit favorite new up and coming blogs within our writing community
The rules are as follows:
- Thank the blog that nominated you and link back to them
- Answer 11 questions from the blogger that nominated you
- Tell readers 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate up to 11 bloggers to receive the award next
- Give your new nominees questions to answer about themselves when they post their nomination
11 Questions from Chelsea
1. How did you choose the name of your blog?
I have a secret. I’m afraid of failing. Sometimes I don’t even want to try because of the possibility of failing. After soul searching and prayer on the subject, here is my theory; it’s in the perspective. Am I looking at myself and how great I want to be, or at God and his grace that covers me? I call this site Imperfect Adventures, because I have to be alright with making mistakes and putting my imperfections out there, to move forward in all the adventures that God has for me.
2. What is the most stalkerish thing you’ve ever dealt with via social media? (yes, I just went there)
I don’t know if I’ve run across much; I haven’t been at this very long. The only thing that has been a bit stalkerish is consistently getting likes and occasional comments from this guy’s profile who I don’t know and has nothing to do with my market.
3. If you could choose ONE person to happen across your blog who would it be?
It would probably be Lexi from lexiscleankitchen.com. Her’s was the first blog I ever really followed and she inspired me to try my hand at blogging.
4. Have you ever questioned something you wrote after posting it?
Haha, every time! I tend to put my heart out there and it can be a little terrifying after pushing publish. I can also get concerned that I didn’t write recipe instructions clearly enough. I’ve been known to frantically re-make a recipe to make sure it was as good as I remember.
5. What do you do when you’re not blogging?
When I’m not blogging I am spending time with my daughter, cooking, working out, and honestly, vegging on the couch with netflix. I also teach 3rd grade
6.If you are going to advertise something from your blog which form of social media do you tend to lean towards most?
Instagram! I am guilty of putting about 90% of my social media effort into instagram. I think it’s easy to connect with people and I love looking at all the beautiful pictures.
7. Is there something you’d like to add to your site that you either don’t have the means to right now or just haven’t found the time to work on?
So much! An essential oils section, categorized recipes, and I’d like to re-do the logo. I keep telling myself that I’ll do these things when the school year is over.
8. Has your blog name ever changed?
No, it has never changed. I’ve considered changing it to market to more of a health and fitness niche, but I can’t do it. I’m passionate about health and fitness, but I’m more then that and so is my blog.
9. What is the title of your favorite piece you’ve ever written (and posted)?
Probably 5 Ways to Communicate Love to a Toddler. It is by far my most popular post at the moment.
10. Do you have any series going on on your blog? When does it/do they run?
I just started a series called Searching for Simple. It’s our family’s quest to simplify our lives so that we have time for things that are more important. It runs on Mondays.
11. What’s your favorite thing about your blog?
That it exists! My husband told me I should blog a year ago, but I was always a little to afraid to put myself out there. I’ve come to really love it and can’t wait to see the plans God has for it.
11 Random Facts About Me
Alright, the first 11 random facts that pop into my head…
- I have and always will want a pet tiger named Dante.
- Speaking of Dante, my degree is in English Literature; yes, I love to read.
- I am a recovering picky eater. Once I knew I was pregnant, I trained myself to like, or at least tolerate, different foods so that I could set a better example for my daughter. Now I love to try new foods!
- I have known my best friend and husband since I was 11 years old.
- I’m a bit of a francophile. I love reading books about the French lifestyle and that certain Je Ne Sais Quoi.
- I LOVE having fresh flowers in the house.
- I am probably the slowest and more spastic runner you’ve ever met.
- I’m not into coffee. I really tried to be, but I’ve got to be honest, I liked the flavors that Starbucks put in the coffee more then the actual coffee. I drink tea now.
- I lost my taste for chocolate when I was pregnant and now my daughter doesn’t like chocolate.
- I really want to do flips and handsprings like a gymnast from the olympics.
- I love to take walks barefoot.
11 Nominated Blogs
These are some truly incredible bloggers. Take a minute and check out their sites!
Claire from The Prayerful Plank
Jess from Little Bits of Joy
Megan from Peace Love Nutrition
Brynn from The Domestic Dietitian
Shaunacey from Simple Shaunacey
Erin from The Honey Home
Alessandra from You Are More
Tash from Mommy Logs
Jenna from Eat Drink Glorify
Grace from Wandering With Grace
Samantha from Upon A Lovely Little Life
11 Questions for the Nominated Bloggers
I’m so excited; I love getting to know people! Here are 11 questions for you that range from serious to silly.
- What made you decide to start blogging?
- What is a post that you’ve always wanted to write but haven’t yet?
- What is your vision for your blog?
- What is your favorite aspect of blogging?
- Who is your ideal sponsor?
- If a pair of shoes could define you, what pair would it be?
- What’s your favorite form of social media?
- What are your favorite flowers?
- What is something that you would love to incorporate into your blog, but haven’t yet?
- What is a part of your blog that you are most proud of?
- As a blogger, what is it that makes your day?
Subscribe and receive your free download of the "My Healthy Day" checklist.